There is a lot of stuff being written about enterprise and entrepreneurship at the moment. And there is a lot of stuff that was written years ago that still holds valuable lessons.
I am starting an Enterprise Reading Group for people who like to read the enterprise literature and find ways to apply what they learn in their own practice. ERG will help this process by:
- developing a book list of relevant and powerful texts
- providing an online forum where readers and practitioners can discuss a book – on a chapter by chapter basis – and share insights, experiences, questions and answers in relation to the books
- hosting real meetings where the key ideas in each book can be discussed and developed.
I have already set up the online forum featuring the first four books which are:
- Ripples from the Zambezi – Passion, entrepreneurship and the re-birth of local economies – Ernesto Sirolli
- The Social Entrepreneur – Andrew Mawson
- Community – The Structure of Belonging – Peter Block
- Make the Impossible Possible – Bill Strickland
You can find out more about each text and purchase them online by clicking the titles above. You can join the Enterprise Reading Group through the online forum. It is a completely free service so please do get involved.
If there are other texts that you would like to discuss please do let me know and I will add them to the repertoire.
Please use the comnets box below to ask any questions or give feedback about the idea of the ERG.
I look forward to hearing from you.