I was recently asked a question as part of a tendering process about how I manage my own CPD in relation to Management and Leadership. What surprised me about my answer was how dependent my cpd now is on both Blog and Podcast subscriptions.
Membership of the Northern Leadership Academy provides me with some very good leadership CPD. I recently attended the NLA Leadership Open Space Event and a one day workshop on Action Learning for Leadership.
Cipd membership and a very full reading programme and authoring the PMN blog also keeps the cpd going.
I am currently taking part in a Project with the University of York looking at Diversity Proofing Management and Leadership Training.
I also subscribe to:
- Harvard Business Ideas Cast – Harvard Business School – The Harvard Business IdeaCast, from the publishers of HarvardBusiness.org, Harvard Business Review and Harvard Business Press, features breakthrough ideas and commentary from the leading thinkers in business and management.
- Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders – The DFJ Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Seminar (ETL) is a weekly seminar series on entrepreneurship, co-sponsored by BASES (a student entrepreneurship group), Stanford Technology Ventures Program, and the Department of Management Science and Engineering.
- Management – Management podcast: interviews showcasing the latest thinking from business school professors and other experts – London Business School
- Naked Strategy – Naked Strategy is a monthly x-ray for business leaders. Presented by Laurence Haughton and Max McKeown, the show shines the spotlight on the strategic issues that lurk behind the business news headlines.
- Peter Days World of Business – Insights into the business world with Peter Day – featuring content from his Radio 4 In Business programme, and also Global Business from the BBC World Service.
- SmallBizPod – SmallBizPod is the weekly podcast dedicated to small business, start-ups and entrepreneurs. News, views, interviews and practical advice.