Appraisal Time Cometh….
Do you need some training to help you with the appraisal process?
What Can You Learn from Netflix Culture?
There is some great content here, but then there should be in a 128 slide deck! This is not to be presented, but read. And thought about.
Look at how this information is communicated.
Performance on this in the private sector is often poor.
Performance in public and third sectors is usually worse, in my experience, because the disconnect between espoused values and reality is often wider.
In very small businesses it is not a big issue. But as things scale up, as middle managers and team leaders start to appear this type of issue can become ‘make or break’.
Everyone is clear on what works at Netflix. Employees, customers and shareholders.
- How do you communicate about culture?
- Do words and actions match up in your organisation?
- What can you do to improve things?
Progress School in Leeds
Just about to embark on a new venture in Leeds called Progress School, providing pay what you can professional and personal development. Progress School offers:
- A confidential and supportive environment in which to plan your personal and professional development
- Time to develop a vision for the ‘ideal you’ and to learn more about the ‘real you’ – how you are perceived by others
- Recognition of strengths and gaps – those potentials that you have not yet fully realised
- A learning agenda – identify what you need to learn and how you are going to learn it to bridge the gap between ‘real’ and ‘ideal’
- Access to a network of fellow Progress School members who will commit to helping you learn
- A chance to experiment – to try out new behaviours and skills – to see if they work for you
- Develop new practices that help you make progress
Progress School is designed to offer you a flexible process to support your development. The more you attend the more you are likely to get from it – but there is no curriculum to follow – just a process of reflection and action to engage with.
Interested? Book Your Place…Now
Prices start from free….
The Boss’s Lie
“What I want is someone who will do what I tell them to.”
“What I want is someone who works cheap.”
“What I want is someone who shows up on time and doesn’t give me a hard time.”
So if this is what the boss really wants, how come the stars in the company don’t follow these three rules?
From Seth Godin’s Linchpin
- Next Page »