“Our traditional organizations are designed to provide for the first three levels of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs; food, shelter and belonging. Since these are now widely available to members of industrial society, our organizations do not provide significantly unique opportunities to command the loyalty and commitment of our people. The ferment in management will continue until organizations begin to address the higher order needs: self-respect and self-actualization.”
Bill O’Brien – CEO Hanover Insurance
What significantly unique opportunities do you offer to your employees?
- Interesting work?
- Great rewards?
- High levels of respect and autonomy?
- Challenging, creative an dsupportive leadership?
- A compelling vision?
- The opportunity to do meaningful and rewarding work?
- What can you do to make your employee offer more compelling?
- How can you ensure that you provide an environment where they can fulfill their dreams?