- Front liners are capable of taking on far more responsibility than the boxes the system puts them in.
- Front liners are very modest about their own abilities and skills.
- Front liners want to do a great job for patients.
- Managers must learn to let go of more of the power they have thus allowing front liners to get on with the job.
- Managers must be there for support when front liners need it – they are well capable of judging when they need help.
Sensible reflections from Trevor Gay’s Simplicity blog
I am sure that you will agree with much of it.
But do you ACT on it?
Or do you let ‘the system’ get in the way?