So says our new PM.
- Which people?
- In control of what?
- Is ‘control’ possible, desirable?
What do you mean by control…
- power to direct or determine; “under control”
- a relation of constraint of one entity (thing or person or group) by another; “measures for the control of disease”; “they instituted controls over drinking on campus”
- exercise authoritative control or power over; “control the budget”; “Command the military forces”
- lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; “moderate your alcohol intake”; “hold your tongue”; “hold your temper”; “control your anger”
- the activity of managing or exerting control over something; “the control of the mob by the police was admirable”
- operate: handle and cause to function;
- dominance: the state that exists when one person or group has power over another;
- manipulate: control (others or oneself) or influence skillfully, usually to one’s advantage;
- restraint: discipline in personal and social activities; “he was a model of polite restraint”; “she never lost control of herself”
I wonder what exactly Mr Cameron means by ‘Making sure that people are in control’?