Here is what the legendary Jack Welch, former Chairman & CEO of GE had to say about “What Leaders Do” in his book “Winning” .
- Leaders relentlessly upgrade their team, using every encounter as an opportunity to evaluate, coach and build self-confidence
- Leaders make sure people not only see the vision, they live and breathe it
- Leaders get into everyone’s skin exuding positive energy and optimism
- Leaders establish trust with candor, transparency and credit
- Leaders have the courage to make unpopular decisions and gut calls
- Leaders probe and push with a curiosity that borders on skepticism, making sure their questions are answered with action
- Leaders inspire risk taking and learning by setting the example
- Leaders celebrate.