For people, organisations and communities I help to ‘realise development’.
- make real or concrete; give reality or substance to…
- be fully aware or cognizant of
- perceive (an idea or situation) mentally
- the act or process of growing, progressing, or developing
- a fact, event, or happening, esp one that changes a situation
- a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage
How Do I Do It?
Well, firstly by listening and then by using one or more of the following:
- Coaching – providing a relationship through which people and groups can learn
- Teaching – introducing models, ideas and concepts that may help
- Challenging – especially when words and actions seem to be out of kilter
- Mentoring – providing advice, guidance and introductions to others who might also help
- Facilitating – acting as a catalyst to individuals and groups to make progress
- Consulting – conducting research, generating options for change and where necessary helping to implement them
Why Choose Realise Development?
Personal service – Realise Development is just me, Mike Chitty. You won’t find yourself suddenly working with an associate or a junior. Just me.
Value for Money – No swanky offices to maintain, no cleaners, administrators, account managers, marketeers or business developers. This means that I can keep my rates affordable.
You Only Pay for What Works – I invoice for my time after we have worked together. You only pay if you are happy with what we have achieved.
Experience and Expertise – I trained as a teacher in 1985 and have been working in ‘education’ ever since. I have learned some stuff along the way about ‘person centred’ approaches to development.
Flexibility – I am not wedded to any one method of working. As I get to know you and your aspirations for development we can find a way of working that suits you best. We can work face to face, one to one, or in groups (large or small), via phone, skype, email, twitter, webinars….
Results Focussed – It is not enough for us to try hard. You are paying for results. To ‘Realise Development’.