One-to-ones are weekly, structured, half hour meetings held individually with each of your team members. They provide the bedrock for an effective trusting relationship that is essential for high performing teams.
The most common excuse that managers give for not using One to Ones is that they will take too much time. In practice, managers who use One to Ones effectively report that they actually save time – lots of time – and improve performance quickly and permanently.
- Improve your relationship and communication with all members of your team
- Find time to coach every member of your team – every week – to improve their performance
- Save time on line management to invest in thinking more strategically and working on your own projects
- Shift the emphasis from fire-fighting to creating value
- Close the gap between practice, values and mission
- Improve effectiveness, whether in the for profit or third sector
If you would like to learn more about 121s then please click here to find out more about our events.
There are some great 121 questions in this post.